Monday, May 14, 2018

Slashed Squares Flimsy Complete

I needed better how-to pictures for the Slashed Squares tutorial, so I started making these blocks. Now this is a flimsy that's 56" x 56". I'll use it as a class sample.

To Ellen, who left a comment the other day asking if Millie had done any QA work on this quilt, the answer is not yet. But she will. She always does.

The Slashed Squares quilt looks great when it's a planned light and dark version, like this one above, and it can also be done as a monochromatic quilt, so I decided to make a sample version of it as well.

Here are some of the fabrics I have selected. I had so many extra pinks from the Tickled Pink quilt I decided to use them. (btw I am sewing the binding on that quilt, so it should be "done" soon.)

Here's the second batch. I did make a couple of changes, but what else is new?

And yes, glutton for punishment I so obviously am, I'll be making a scrappy version of this too.





BTW, Rianne, you left a wonderful comment about the new tute on Friday's post.Thank you so much. Would you consider leaving a review of the new Slashed Squares tute on the Etsy page?          


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Lynne,

Thanks for your lovely response to my comment. I would be pleased to leave a review on Etsy if I could work our how to do it!

Cheers, Rieann

Quiltdivajulie said...

I made one of your Slashed Squares quilts in reds and creams a few years ago and it turned out wonderfully. And I REALLY like the idea of a mono-chromatic version -- goodness knows I have plenty of fabrics in my stash (grin). (hmmmm - the all-one-color-family version would make a marvelous baby gift quilt)

Sewgirl said...

Lynne, I always look forward to reading your blog posts...never a dull moment. This newest flimsy is just as stunning as everything you do. I can hardly wait to see what you do with the pinks!