Monday, April 17, 2017

One Row at a Time

After a lot of tinkering, I decided it was time to start sewing the tumblers together. One of the problems with a planned layout is the blocks have to be sewn together exactly as I laid them out. So that takes time. At any rate, one sewn together row is wide enough to be a table cover. I'll have to do a bit of math to figure out if it's long enough.

The weather this past weekend was just lovely. For the most part it was sunny and warm. I had the windows open and worked a bit in the garden.

5 comments:

Dorothy said...

A "table cover" ???? Heavens, how big is your table? Even the sewn row looks big enough to be a nice sized "snuggle under" TV quilt. How big are the tumblers themselves? Love it Love it Glad you added the "kick ass" brights/colors. (you talk my "speak")

Nancy J said...

Just enough contrasts with bright, pale and some dark. looks a fantastic size to me.

Millie said...

Dorothy the table is 40" x 63". The tumblers finish out at 3" tall. I have 21 rows so I will need at least six more. Glad you like my "speak". I'm not interested in making boring quilts.

Linda Swanekamp said...

It looks like a spring garden that is full of bursting bulb flowers.

Cherie in St Louis said...

Oh, Linda captured it perfectly :) Beautiful!!